Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Quote Collection

I absolutely love it when I'm reading something and suddenly the author's words jump off the page. It's like the writer throws cold water in my face. I feel alive. For that split-second my soul resonates with the writer's choice of words. I've decided to keep track of these moments in my new quote collection. Would you like to read them? Well, ok. You can look but don't touch. :)

Here are a few of my favorites (from books, movies, articles, etc).
"Get busy living or get busy dying." -Andy Dufresne in Shawshank Redemption

"Stop asking God to bless what you're doing. Get involved in what God is doing because it's already blessed." -Bono

"Failure is never quite so frightening as regret." -Sam Neill's character in The Dish

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway." -John Wayne
"Do or do not. There is no try." -Yoda

"I think therefore I am." -Rene Descartes

"Action springs not from thought, but from a readiness for responsibility." -Dietrich Bonhoeffer.

"All sins are species of pride." -John Piper

"It will cost something to walk slow in the parade of the ages, while excited men of time rush about confusing motion with progress. But it will pay in the long run and the true Christian is not much interested in anything short of that." -AW Tozer
Great quotes are more than just words. They make a beeline straight to the soul. Naturally, they have the power to shape our thinking and ultimately guide our lives. Of course, this is not news to God. He's filled an entire book with life transforming quotes. His Book is the best quote collection of all.

Got any favorites?

GrantJ

2 comments:

  1. I love your post! I agree with you that the Bible has the best quotes of all! I do however like these too...

    "Let not our longing slay the appetite of our living"
    Jim Elliot

    “If your goal is purity of heart, be prepared to be thought very odd.” Elisabeth Elliot

    "If you choose to serve God with ALL of your heart, then that is where you will be tempted." Martin Luther

    "True inspiration is impossible to fake".
    -Arthur from the movie "Inception" :)

    Thanks for your posts. They are truly encouraging! God bless! Acts 20:24.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No one could compete with the Bible therefore it should not be atempted.lol. However besides the Bible there are a lot of good ones! :) These are a few of my favorites:
    "Tomarrow is a new day, no mistakes in it!"
    (Anne of Green Gables)
    "Everything I see reminds me of somthing I've read, when shouldn't it be the other way around?"
    (Got Mail)

    ReplyDelete