Sunday, May 8, 2011

Always too Soon to Quit

Ahh, finally, a chance to catch my breath! I just finished my Spring semester at DTS. With three classes and working full-time, this was my toughest semester so far. I'm relaxing this weekend before my summer class begins tomorrow :)

I'm happy for friends who graduated yesterday. It gives me hope :). It's hard not to get discouraged though knowing I have a long way to go. Yes, many times I have wanted to give up. It seems like an insurmountable mountain of classes left to go. Thankfully though, in one of my recent bouts of discouragement, the Spirit reminded me of the importance in continuing. I am reminded of the fact that people, who I have yet to encounter, will some day desperately need to hear something I've learned in seminary. Of course this applies to all walks of life, not just seminary. Down the road someone will be depending on what we learn today. Will we be prepared? Just think of the ripple effect if we learn (and then teach) in error. This serves as my motivation. Plus, the words of Dr. Constable from a recent chapel message are still ringing in my ears, "It's always too soon to quit."

So (deep breath) here's to summer school!

GrantJ

1 comment:

  1. Dear Grant,
    I'm sorry that this year has been so difficult for you. I hope that everything will start to look up for you soon. You will make it. If you think about all the people you inspire and who follow your lead and example, you must be encouraged, and thank God, for the opportunity he has placed you in.
    ~Catherine~

    ReplyDelete